Monday 14 February 2011

Nature Magazine Cover

 One of the most frustrating procesess I've ever had to go through in my life. But It's a part of the course and I've finally managed to devise a "magazine cover" using the near impossible to use and needlessly complicated adobe photoshop.

Due to the fact that I couldnt even change the text colour on the front cover



I had to try and lighten the image so the text showed up better on it, losing the whole "spooky" theme of the magazine. While this was a major setback at least the text shows clearer now than it did before.

The language I will be using for the nature magazine will be slightly informal. The reason for this being that I want to try and keep the magazine entertaining and an interesting read, so I'll try and keep the magazine as witty as possible, which would prove a difficult task if the magazine was too overly formal. The texts used on the front cover vary in size and colour to try and create a more eye catching cover. Unfortunately I couldn't get the exact colours, and some looks slightly like diarrhoea has been used for a font, but overall it at least shows that the magazine is informal and open to many readers. The text however is still quite hard to read in some areas and I plan on editing that fault.

The target audience of the magazine is actually targeted for middle aged people and upwards. Although at first this would seem an obvious contradiction of trying to keep the magazine slightly informal, any jokes or casual language included will be sophisticated and witty, so that an older audience can engage well with the magazine. This may possibly attract younger readers. The intense stories and pictures included in the magazine involving natural disasters will also maybe attract a younger reader.

Considering my appalling skills with photoshop, and its difficulty to use, I'm happy with the front cover of my magazine to an extent.

No comments:

Post a Comment